Created By: Webman97
Project Codename: Myth of the World
Project Type: Gaming Community
Primary Project Platform(s): Xbox One/Windows 10
Duration of Project: November 2018-present
Associated Website(s): http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MythWorld
- kf2.mythworld.net | Killing Floor 2 Servers
- Creation of Myth of the World (MythWorld) – November 26th, 2018
- The name “Myth of the World” was created based on a series of theories I have come to believe are true about the world of gaming. They are the cornerstone of what makes Myth of the World strong.
- Creation of Discord Server – November 26th, 2018
- While initially reluctant to create a Discord server based on previous experiences and overall quality compared to Teamspeak 3, we decided to launch our Discord server because it is the preferred platform of our target audience.
- Creation of MythWorld Website – December 7th, 2018
- Using a website license from a previous project, we launched our website for longer-term communications such as mod lists, reoccuring events and major announcements.
- New Years Eve – December 31st, 2018
- We finalized our plan for MythWorld and set it into motion.
- MythWorld.net Launch – January 10th, 2019
- We announced our game server network launch via Twitter when the servers were ready for the public.
- We launched servers for Conan Exiles, DayZ, Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, Squad and Killing Floor 2.
- All Killing Floor 2 servers were an immediate hit, bringing in many new members and creating the foundation for the MythWorld community.
- Shutdown of Squad Server – January 11th, 2019
- After further review of the Squad Server license, we opted to take down our Squad server.
- Statement from Webman97 regarding Squad’s server license system: “After further review of Squad’s server license system that admittedly should have been done before we launched this server, we fundamentally disagree with how Offworld Industries has chosen to issue server licenses. They are openly admitting their player base is not capable of providing high-quality servers without supervision. The best servers I’ve ever played on were not supervised by the developer, they were supervised by players who truly care about the game. Offworld Industries defines this supervision in their ‘Game Server Administration Guidelines’. Many of the guidelines listed force server owners to host a very specific type of server – one that does not allow a server owner to create a positive and unique culture within their own community. This kind of control and restriction does not allow room for expansion or growth, instead favoring large gaming communities who can provide the manpower Offworld Industries mandates to obtain a server license. Squad’s server licensing system as of today is a win-win for the developers: they do not have to host official servers and their player base does all the work! If you dont make it on the server list this server license gives you access to, you’re classified as an unreliable server and therefore an unreliable community. While we respect Offworld Industries right to enforce community guidelines within their game, this is not the right approach. As such, we’ve taken our Squad server offline permanently.”
- MythWorld.net Server Changes – January 16th, 2019
- We took down our DayZ server in favor of launching three Killing Floor 2 servers, one for all other gamemodes (Endless/Versus Survival/Weekly Outbreaks).
- We announced and launched our replacement for Squad, Insurgency: Sandstorm.
- DingyTheDingbat – January 29th, 2019
- DingyTheDingbat was recruited as a Community Officers to help moderate our platform.
- MythWorld Events & Game Night – February 21st, 2019
- We announced the beginning of our weekly event: MythWorld Game Night, taking place Sundays at 8pm EST.
- The event is recorded for YouTube and/or livestreamed to Twitch.
- MythWorld.net Server Changes – March 9th, 2019
- We took down our Conan Exiles, Rising Storm 2: Vietnam and Insurgency: Sandstorm servers after noticing increased interest in our Killing Floor 2 Platform.
- We replaced the servers we took down with a new initiative – Community Servers. Members can now request to host any type of game server on the MythWorld network. These are the rules:
- At least five members must express written interest (we recommend doing this on Discord).
- We will then host the requested server for two weeks with 24/7 uptime as our network allows.
- To renew a server, five members must express continued written interest no more than four days before the server expires.
- Anyone who wishes to make a request or express interest in a request must be an active member of our community and a member of our forums for no less than 14 days.
- We restructured our ranking system, removing region-based membership.
- MythWorld Events & Halo Missions – March 14th, 2019
- We announced that we will begin hosting MythWorld Halo Missions when Halo: The Master Chief Collection is released on PC.
- This event will focus specifically on custom games, however everything PC and Halo will be included (such as campaign, firefight, Halo Wars, etc)
- Event Types Include:
- Classic Halo 3 Custom Games (including Ghost Town, Jenga Tower, Infection Maze Runs, Cops and Robbers, Destroy the Bridge and more!)
- Halo Legendary Campaign Grinding
- Halo Legendary Firefight Grinding
- Halo Wars Tournaments
- Moist and PanicButton98 – March 31st, 2019
- Moist and PanicButton98 were recruited as Community Officers to help moderate our platform.
Top Contributing Members:
- Community Officer, January 2019-present
- Community Officer, March 2019-present
- Community Officer, March 2019-present